Friday 10 April 2020

...celebrate the little things.


Oh joy, after a morning spent visiting one of my favourite blogs that has brought much needed humour to a rather sorrowful time I have the added pleasure of realising I can once again access my blog. 'Mine's not to reason why but' to just think thank f*** for that and try to write/type again.

It's been an eventful year thus far and Covid has taken a back seat to redundancies, school rejections, deaths and funerals. Ain't life a ball!  Thankfully all virus free and grateful that eldest is isolating himself in our house in Wales. We offered to bring him back after the funeral. He graciously declined so we left him a cat for company, breathed a sigh of relief and jumped in the car before he changed his mind. His girlfriend has bravely opted to do what we hoped not to and frankly if their relationship survives this then it is a 'made in heaven' and she'll definitely be one worth keeping. Much as we love him dearly he was the first to agree that endless weeks of forced close contact 24/7 would have resulted in a homocide. So 6 become 5 and one less portion of pasta needed, thanks be, 3 bags go nowhere when your locking down with 4 full grown males! Tried to sneak my gluten free packet in as  an extra but foiled at the till.

Anyway, yesterday we finally had some good news in amongst all the gloom. No 3 son has been offered a place on a Foundation degree ballet course and all is well again for him and for me, who loves to watch him dance.  The funeral was for my mother who died in March on Friday 13th, no 1 son's favourite film, she always did have a soft spot for him. Grateful for the little things in current times, we got to be with her at the end and were allowed a small private funeral. My mother loved to dance, as did my dad, and, although I cry everytime I watch no 3 perform because they won't get to see him, I know their love of dance lives on in him.

The Nutcracker -2019



1 comment:

  1. I've found you again, keep writing, it is so therapeutic. I'm so sorry to hear of the death of your Mother, these are not easy days. x

    ReplyDelete