Thursday 20 February 2014

... paint in Annie Sloane duck egg blue


Not that I am wearing it of course.  I love to paint.  Not delectable landscapes, moody portraits, madcap moderns.  No not I, for I love to paint walls, windows, floors, and furniture, even sofas.  The first three are out for the moment, more on that tomorrow, so furniture I shall paint.

France not only the land of the baguette and pastry but also abundant with brocante, read junk shops, flea markets and Troc no less, with a plethora of old and semi old brown furniture that no discerning modern madame would deign give floor space to.

So off we trot both friends et moi to buy it up and paint it free from landfill, bonfire and Troc eternity.

Today's lucky rescue, upcycle call what you will is a bargain chevet, last Saturday found at Les Puces a favoured haunt for all things cheap and brown.  Some smart stuff too so if in town take a stroll down said canal where all things linen and industrial alongside do reside.

I had once thought to make a go of selling on what I bestow with splash of paint.  But ambitious folk have got there first.  The market fills, the hitherto cheap gets dear here, a place renown.

Ah! a tip off I have received.  A place untapped, ripe to be explored, markets brimming, people giving it away for sure.

Will I act, go for it, grab the opportunity?  No not me for alas! Alec! ;) I am Procrastinator Extraordinaire and I shall just paint this today instead.




15 euro find,
Mustard jar 8,
Les Puces du Canal,
Lyon.
Salad bowl moi :)


3 comments:

  1. Tattie Weasel, it's you! Funny, but I was going through the list of blog friends I never hear off anymore, and missed you. So glad you popped up. I shall put you on my sidebar. Keep on writing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello from another friend of duck egg blue...and also a well-practiced procrastinator. Thank you for your visit and comment...do get those knitting needles out. Just playing around with yarn colors is so much fun!

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mystery solved. Lovely to be connected again!

    ReplyDelete