Wednesday 26 February 2014

.. listen

Whilst running around like a blue arsed fly, it is Wednesday after all, MJC and all that.

I talk but do I listen? How many of us truly do?  I talk too quickly, trying to get my words out, make my point before eyes glaze over, a cup tips, a phone buzzes, a door knocks, a child/ adult interrupts or in this house a mad scrabble to the door with cat in arms mid pee.

Time to lead by example.  Time to silence the mobile, close the Ipad, put aside the magazine the book - maybe not that, another day an explanation. Laptop temporarily but perhaps conveniently broken.  Cleaning can wait, it always does, never a serious distraction.

Time to just sit and listen....... once I have posted my blog of course.

3 comments:

  1. I know you will not read this today as you are only listening, I hope you have a relaxing Wednesday,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Once their activities were done I liit the fire, miserable day here, and listened to my youngest read. Usually they only want to at bestime. Alec , no 2 cooked and we watched a film. It was lovely thank you Cait

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete